Sunday, March 27, 2011

My first Korean movie

I watched my first Korean movie the other day. It was a comedy. I laughed a few times. It was cute, but I was uncomfortable most of the time because the story was about the arranged marriage of a 16 yr old high school girl to a 20ish college boy.
I know the Korean culture is very conservative and I was pleased that there was little physical contact between the two. I think I was bothered the most by how young the 16 yr old looked. I would have guessed about 13/14 if asked. I'm sure more movies will be in my future...and I will rate those as well!
(just fyi, the actress Moon Geun Young is also the lead in Mary Stayed out all night)

I am currently working my way through two dramas. I can only watch as much as I can find throughout the inter-web. That said, I will have a list of 10 soon! I hope I come across one that I absolutely love, like I found with Coffee Prince!

No comments:

Post a Comment