Thursday, March 31, 2011

Korean films

I have been watching some great Korean films! I am so addicted! I have watched 11 so far and I'm not done with all the films I wrote down as must-sees. Let me give you a taste of what I have enjoyed so far.


 A Moment to Remember
I cried like a baby when I watched this! I almost didn't want to watch it because I didn't want to be sad. Silly I know, but it was well worth it when I got around to it. I even made my mom watch with me :) The main characers are played by Jung Woo Sung and Son Ye Jin. Prior to watching this I had only see Woo Sung play rough and tough guys in action movies, but he made my heart melt in this chick flick. Ye Jin has proven herself to me by playing comedy and drama excellently.



The Good The Bad The Weird
I fell in love with this film in the first 15 minutes. It was so action packed, but also had it's comedic moments at all the right times. The gun fights were amazing and I dare say a lot better than most American westerns. I also loved that there was no female characters gumming up the works. One thing that bothers me about most action films is that there is always a love interest. I don't need that! On the off chance that I'm actually watching a dramatic action movie, I don't need a love story! Song Kang Ho, Jung Woo Sung, and Lee Byung Hun were all believable characters and I loved watching their chemistry onscreen.



These 2 films will most likely be at the top of my list when I make my top 10. Off I go to watch more!

No comments:

Post a Comment